July 29, 2016

All About Jake

Jake (5) says the darnedest things:

"You're as tall as a tree." --to mommy

"Stormtrooper Finger, Stormtrooper finger, where are you?" --singing the song "Daddy Finger" in the bathroom.

Jake silently walks into our bedroom with tears running down his cheeks holding the empty cookie tray. We asked him what was wrong and he said fighting back sobs, "The chocolate chip cookies are gone. I wanted the last one." 

At the Stake Pioneer Day activity Jake proudly said, "I want some pancakes! I love pancakes!" Since this kid never eats! this was music to our ears. He ate all his pancakes AND some of Ruby's and mine. During the parade he held Ruby's hand and would guide her by the shoulders. Such a wonderful big brother.

"Don't cry. I'll protect you. Don't be scared." --to Ben and Ruby.

"Monte's my best friend." Monte Jones is two grades older and in our ward :)

"Mom! The babies are doing something bad!" --Jake is my good helper and keeps the twins in line.

"You made a very bad mistake!" --When Jake is mad at me he tells me I'm making mistakes.

"I had an accident. But thats ok! It's ok to make mistakes." --When Jake makes a mistake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

bueller? bueller? anyone? anyone?