May 7, 2014

All About /// Ruby Isabelle


From the moment she was born, our Ruby Isabelle has been such a joy. She is so precious. Over the past four months, I have written down little notes and thoughts about her:

As a Newborn:
-In the hospital she never cried except for when she was being poked.
-She was a fast eater. She always finished her bottle before Ben.
-She snored lots.
-She was so patient.
-She was very, very calm.
-She leaked milk for minutes. It was just a steady stream that cascaded out of her mouth after she was fed. I just wanted to yell, "Swallow!"
-She had a very sensitive gag reflex. She was our spit up baby.

At 10 weeks:
-She sleep through the night--9 hours! It was the greatest gift I had ever received. Having to get up with just one baby during the night was a relief. Thank you Ruby!
-She hated baths. She does not like to get even a teensy weeny bit cold.
-She had (has) the saddest cry and it will just suddenly erupt out of nowhere.
-Still has a sensitive stomach and spits up a lot. I'm talking projectile vomiting. One night, I accidentally fed Ruby with Ben's formula (they are on separate brands). She cried and cried and fussed. I picked her up out of the crib to hold her over my shoulder and she spewed everywhere--all down me, in my hair. It came out of her nose. Then she couldn't breathe and freaked out. I had to hurry and suction the crud out of her nose. Her face was covered. Scott and I were rattled. She was exhausted. Poor girl.
-We call her Flopsy. Her neck/head is not very strong and can barely keep her head up. 

Now at 4 months:
-She likes to cry--lots--usually as a signal to PICK HER UP.
-She is still a very fast eater.
-She is not so patient.
-She is smiling more and more but is still my more serious child.
-Still spits up but not as often--though she did just spit up down Grandma's shirt last night :)
-Still has a sensitive gag reflex.
-Wakes up about once a night, eats, then goes back to sleep.
-Loves bath time.
-Her head is much stronger. No worries.
-She is looking so chunky. I love her sweet rolls on her legs and arms.
-Always wants to be held standing up and over the shoulder. She'll wrap her little arm around me and cuddle.
-She has strong legs! She loves to stand like a big girl.
-Her laughs sound painful, like she just can't get the laugh out. 
-She loves to coo at her daddy.
-She looks like daddy.
-She has almond shaped, deep, dark blue eyes.
-She is so pretty and fun with the shmoosiest little lips.







Our Ruby Isabelle is perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

bueller? bueller? anyone? anyone?