June 25, 2013

TWO

Jake is TWO. He had a happy birthday (despite a super sick mommy) and got many fun presents. The day before I took him to the mall in Concord for a little b-day shopping and then we rode the kiddie train around the mall. He loved it.

But he was such a stinker that day! I had the mindset of "whatever my Jake wants today, he gets" (nice of me huh? :) But he wanted nothing to do with all the things that I thought would just make him so happy. Usually he loves to play at the Mall playplace. But that day? Nope. He wouldn't even let me put him down which is super odd for Jake. He's never been attached to me.

So I got him his very own lemonade from Auntie Anne's. Jake loooovvveess drinks, shakes, sodas, lemonades you name it, and he looovvvveeess to hold the cup all by himself (he's actually a drink stealer so watch out.) But that day? Nope. Wouldn't take a single sip. Absolutely refused.

So I headed to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought him his favorites (my kid has had a major sweet tooth since Easter.) And?....Wouldn't take a single bite of a chocolate. Seriously! I felt like I was in some kind of alternate universe. Who is this child?!

In the end, he just wanted some new tchoo-tchoos and Rex from Toy Story. So he was happy and healthy, but my plans had all majorly backfired. Oh well.

His absolute favorites on his actual birthday, however, were the BOONS! (balloons.) And blowing out his birthday candle. He discovered that blowing out a flame is pretty much the coolest thing ever, in fact he was so in love with the whole ritual that we did it about 14 times. An hour later, Scott and I found him on the dining table with his cake and pushing his number 2 candle back into the cake and then pretending to blow it out over and over. He destroyed his cake. But it was hilarious.

Oh and he didn't even take a bite of that cake. Not one single bite.

Happy Birthday my Jake. You are definitely a two year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

bueller? bueller? anyone? anyone?