December 14, 2012

oh christmas tree

The day after we got back from California (california posts to come after christmas:) we headed straight for the tree lot. The couple running the lot had just brought a fresh grouping of trees from the mountains. So we got to watch as they were all unloaded and de-bagged. It took me forever to decide which one I wanted. J was running everywhere. If that boy sees a wide-open space, then by golly he will run. It made taking pictures a bit difficult. But the lot smelled wonderful and we had fun with the new camera, nonetheless.


When we finally picked the tree we wanted, the lot guys took it over to the tree shaker thingy. Scott asked, "What's that for?" And I replied (hopefully accurately): "That's to make sure we don't take a squirrel home with us in our tree!" I can just imagine having a National Lampoon Christmas Tree incident. I think I would die. 

Scott helped the lot guy tie the tree to the roof of our little, black car while I chatted with the Lot Owner's wife (can you believe this?: she said they have people buying Christmas trees up to the 21st! I guess there's all sorts of reasons for that but it hardly gives you any time to enjoy the tree! anyways.) So the tree is tied down and we head to the car. This is where it gets awesome.

Scott: "Ok, let me hold Jake and you climb through the window first."
Me: "Huh?"
Scott: "You gotta climb through the window."
Me: "Why.....?"
Scott: "Because I tied the tree through the car windows. I forgot to open the doors."

So I had to climb through the window, "laughing all the way HA HA HA!" We got Jake in and then Scott had to become a contortionist to fit through too. It was great. And we probably looked like complete idiots. Oh what a memory. But hey, I'd take that over a squirrel any day.

 lovely, right? taken during a tickling attack.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

bueller? bueller? anyone? anyone?