December 25, 2012

HHBJ


aka...happy half-birthday jacob! 18 months old is a marvelous accomplishment and a huge blessing to mommy and daddy. going into nursery at church is the best christmas gift you have ever given us. you are a treasure each and every day (even when all you will eat is chex mix.)

some tidbits about Jake
favorite song: Frosty the Snowman & Jingle Bells. (obsessed with Christmas music. J waves his arms like he's leading when he wants us to sing. I've sung the above two songs hundreds and hundreds of times this month.)
favorite foods: Chex Mix (given). Peaches (he even says Peaches which sounds like bee-chez which can sound like something else too haha.) Candy (Christmas did that one.) Lasagna (the only "meal" he'd eat for about 3 days.)
favorite toy: Really into cars and books and his Buzz Lightyear
favorite movie: Toy Story and Frosty the Snowman

Lately, J hates sleeves. They bug him bad. I think he hates the way they feel tighter on his wrists. He's constantly pulling at them and stretching out his sleeves like he's the Hulk.

J leads us to things he wants/wants us to do. I'm forever being pulled away from doing the  dishes by his warm, little hand pulling me toward a toy he wants me to play with. Really, so sweet.

He jumps on our bed any chance he can get. He goes from the ground to Scott's nightstand to the bed in .03 seconds and jumps away. He loves falling backwards in the pillows and wrestling his dad on the big bed.

J reads the Book of Mormon! He is always pulling his BOM off the shelf and flipping through it. Proud Parent Moment: Our home teacher came to visit us. In the middle of the visit, J makes our home teacher hold the BOM and flip through it. Our home teacher is so nice and flipped through it with him, asking him questions. J opened it to the picture of Christ at the front of book, pointed at it to show the home teacher and then kissed Jesus' face so softly. It was THE sweetest thing ever. And very good timing ;) But what that little experience taught me was how much Jake knows and understands and more importantly, that he is already coming to know Christ  and that He is special and means a lot to us.

He likes knocking on doors. Which sometimes freaks me out to hear random knocks at the door at all times of the day. But it's (usually) just my Jake knocking. He picked it up from one of his favorite books "Oh the Wonderful Sounds Mr. Brown Can Do" by Dr. Seuss. The other day, I guess I wasn't paying attention so J got in my face then knocked on my head! I think he was saying, "Hello McFly!"

J loves baths, brushing his teeth and being clean. He gets very concerned over sticky hands at mealtimes. He'll show me his hands and make worried noises like "Oh dear!" (I'm sure I've done that to him by wiping his hands a bajillion times a day.) The minute I say, "Bath time!" He runs to his bathroom and starts ripping off his clothes. He says, "Teeth!" when he wants his toothbrush and he MUST have toothpaste and water on it.

There is so much that comes out of that little mouth and he wants so badly just to say what he wants to say and have us understand. One of these days, he'll just start forming sentences and it will be awesome and sad. Gettin so big!

Happy 18 months Jakey-poo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

bueller? bueller? anyone? anyone?